Hi Pat

We employ a Physiotherapist two days per week and shortly to increase to 3. Ours is worth his weight in gold. He definitely makes an impact on the sickness absence figures. We could literally book him up all day every day. I was recently talking to our OHP and he says he has seen some research which would suggest that an in-house Physio can reduce sickness absence relating to MSDs by 20%.

As an in house Physio he gets to know not only the employees but also the site very well and can really assist with functional capability assessments. He is also on hand  for emergency treatment and as we all know the sooner an individual with back pain etc… commences treatment, the earlier their recovery. Treatment within the NHS can be delayed by weeks or even months in some cases, whereas our Physio gets on it within the first week and can see them as often as necessary.

Hope this view has been helpful to you. I certainly wouldn’t be without our Physio now.

Regards

Paula

Paula Highton RN

Senior Occupational Health Nurse