Anne,

I am happy to support practice in South West but have a student this year.

Dawn

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 19 June 2013 08:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Practice Placement

I agree with you re JISC facilitating increasing competence, Diane. I hadn't thought of it in the light of the NMC code. JISC is such a valuable resource and the fact that so many people give support and advice to practitioners who are less experienced is brilliant. I wish I had had access to something like JISC when I was newly qualified, there were so many times when HR and managers were particularly challenging.

To go back to the original quest for a practice placement posted by Olu. There are a number of students who wish to make a career move into OH who are desperately seeking placements. If there is anyone in an area which is  commutable from London who may be able to assist I would be very interested in hearing from them "off-list" please.

We are grateful of the contribution of practice teachers (PT) and as a way of thanking them we invite them to lectures given by people such as Diana Kloss. I am  working on developing a series of CPD/networking opportunities which I would also like to offer to PTs in return for the support they give our students. I have to gain approval from my Head of Department but it looks like I would have the backing of the Dean.

Anne

Anne Harriss
Course Director
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY