Thanks
Sounds very interesting. Look fwd to reading it

John

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Diane Romano-Woodward <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have just finished an article on the HSE's Standards of Care for Occupational Dermatitis and Occupational Urticaria for Occupational Health Journal. They  are being published first in the British Journal of Dermatology. It outlines what is expected of OH practitioners, Employers GPs and Dermatologists. The guidance is not yet on the HSE website....
I think it will appear in the July edition. It outlines what should be in the OH record when someone commences working with substances known to cause harm, including documentation of warning of increased risk if the person has a history of dermatitis/eczema for irritants or a history atopy if working with substances know to cause urticaria.
Urticaria is reportable under RIDDOR even though it does not appear on the list of skin diseases.
If  a case of dermatitis is presented, then there is further advice as to what should appear in the medical record
Any skin condition which does not resolve in 3 months should be referred on.
Cheers
Diane

Diane Romano-Woodward
RN  RSCPHN-OH  BSc   M Med Sc.(Occ Health)
Sunny Blue Sky Limited
Company Number  06865212