Best not to confuse the Christianus/a sum of the third and fourth centuries with any notion of being distinctively Christian several centuries later. The first comes from the self-identification of a minority group and the latter  is, as they say, a horse of a different color' if not a different beast altogether. When no one you know personally is of a different faith and the people you do know are simply literary stereotypes, it's a very different situation.