Dear Colleagues

For many reasons, I have decided to publish early this week.  We have a bumper issue with four new blogs, a conference report and an obituary to James Gandolfini, who sadly died yesterday.

First of all Christine Geraghty tells us why she is not watching the news, something I can relate to as I try to stop 'not watching TV', Doug Howard gives us food for thought as Hannibal finishes its run, Jason Jacobs is getting his aesthetic kicks from Beethoven and Game of Thrones while Helen Wood is getting much enjoyment from Dynamo Magician Impossible.

With many thanks to all our contributors for such fine blogs this week.  Fangs also to David Simmons for writing the conference report from the TV Fangdom conference.

And last, but certainly not least, thanks to David Bianculli for being so on the ball with an obituary to James Gandolfini.  What sad news.

With all the usual CFPs and round up of news and views.  Thanks to Debra, Lisa and Richard for keeping the website running so smoothly.

With best wishes
Kim

Kim Akass
CSTonline