Invitation to open meeting on the future of Cyfrwng at:
•	5.00-6.30pm on Thursday 20 June
•	Open University Wales, 18 Custom House Street, Cardiff CF10 1AP

Dear Friends,

Over the past decade Cyfrwng (www.cyfrwng.com) has offered a platform for the latest research on the media and creative industries in Wales, and also provided a bridge between academia, industry, creative practitioners and policymakers.

As Cyfrwng embarks on its second decade, at a time when critical analysis and scrutiny of the media and creative industries in Wales is becoming increasingly important in the context of devolution, we feel it is time to take stock of the organisation and plan for its future.

We would therefore like to invite you to be part of this discussion as someone with a professional interest in the media and creative industries in Wales.

We will be hosting an open meeting at the Open University Wales, Cardiff, on Thursday 20th June.  The meeting will start at 5pm (4.30pm for coffee) and will finish at 6.30pm.  We will be focusing on three key topics for discussion:-

1.	Structure – How should Cyfrwng be constituted to make it work more effectively?  Should it have a formal constitution, and if so, what should this include?
2.	Focus – Should Cyfrwng continue to focus exclusively on Wales, or should it broaden its interests to other devolved nations and/or small nations?
3.	Activities – Cyfrwng currently has three main elements: a journal, a website and a peripatetic conference and several other activities such as the Creative Industries Postgraduate Conference Wales. How can we make these activities sustainable?

Briefing papers on each of these topics will be sent out to participants prior to the meeting in order to outline key questions and issues for discussion.

Please can you confirm your attendance by emailing [log in to unmask] before Monday 17th June. Open University Wales is situated about 3 minutes walk from Cardiff Central station and Cardiff bus station, and there are several paying car parks nearby.

If you know anyone who may be interested in attending, please forward them this email.

Kind Regards,

Huw D Jones
Elain Price
Hugh Mackay
On behalf of the Cyfrwng Management Committee