I and others have been told that more information about the General Meeting will be on the CILIP website later today.
In the meantime, I was told this yesterday:

'In accordance with Bye-law 29, the meeting will be chaired by the President of CILIP, Phil Bradley. The usual process would be for the motion to be proposed and seconded and for someone to speak for and against it before discussion and then going to a vote. However, at this stage we are unaware of whether we will receive any counter motions or amendments to the motion which would also need to be dealt with.'

I also had more information about the commissioning of the rebranding:

'In respect of the re-branding, as per www.cilip.org.uk/rebrand the entire project has a budget of £35,000. Consultation costs form one part of the budget. The budget includes:

· Consultation costs
· Logo concepts and development
· Consultancy fees
· Legal costs
· Implementation of new brand

The pitch process to select the brand consultant began with desk research – including investigating other charities, professional bodies and not for profit organisations that have rebranded in the past few years. We had communication with a number of other organisations that have recently rebranded about their experiences and the consultants they used. We ran a process of inviting pitches from a number of consultants. A staff project team reviewed the pitches and selected Spencer du Bois based on a range of criteria, including relevant experience and understanding of and ability to meet the brief.'

Further questions elicited the information that no elected officers or trustees were part of the selection.

Tom

Tom Roper

Clinical Librarian

The Library, Audrey Emerton Building, Royal Sussex County Hospital

(01273) 523312 / RSCH x3312

Brighton and Sussex NHS Library and Knowledge Service<http://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/library>

Informing • Educating • Influencing

Thank you for your co-operation.