Speakers: Karina Luke, Executive Director of Book Industry Communication, and Simon Edwards,  BIC Consultant

Date: Tuesday 16th July 2013

Time:  6.30pm

Venue: The Square (Wine Bar), Tolmers Square, Somers Town, London NW1

Map: http://g.co/maps/w973q

BIC is an independent organisation set up and sponsored by CILIP (the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals), the British Library and the Booksellers and Publisher Associations to promote supply chain efficiency in all sectors of the book world through e-commerce and the application of standard processes and procedures.  They are committed to improving the efficiency of the trade and library supply chains, reducing costs and automating processes. We're all about "book economics" (for both print and digital).

Karina and Simon will talk about BIC, who they are, what they do, about BIC members, the training courses and events they run,  library sector standards (including EDI and RFID), BIC's work for libraries and the e4libraries accreditation scheme etc.

This talk will be of particular value to anyone registered for CILIP Chartership and can contribute towards CPD requirements. Refreshments will be available afterwards.

We encourage you to blog or tweet about this event - do let us know if you blog it and tweet with #ciliplndn

6.00-6.30pm: Relax in the bar

6.30-6.35pm: Introduction

6.35 - 7.30pm: Speaker and extended chaired discussion

7.30pm onwards: Informal discussion over drinks and light buffet

Please book using the online form: http://tinyurl.com/CiLJul2013

If you have problems with the Booking form or need to cancel your attendance please contact us on [log in to unmask] as space is limited.

CILIP in London evening meetings are free to CILIP members (with a £5 donation invited from non-members) and are open to all with a professional interest in the topic.

Alan Fricker

Library Liaison Manager (NHS)

Library Services

King’s College London

St Thomas' House Library

St Thomas' Hospital
Lambeth Palace Road

London SE1 7EH

Tel: 020 7848 5543

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.kcl.ac.uk/library

Connect with us at twitter.com/kingslibraries

We value your feedback, please tell us what you think