Hello All

I'm tempted to use Tom Bishop's quote ("you wait ages for one bus/job....") from The Royal College of Surgeons a few weeks ago on his vacancies, to introduce these new posts at Roehampton, but I think you get the idea!  Our Library Academic Liaison team is being enhanced and I'm very pleased that we're now able to recruit two additional members to the team.

Subject Librarian (1.0 FTE) – HR Ref No: HR 86/13
Two positions available

Salary: £32,941 to £35,667 pa inc London Weighting

Our Library Academic Liaison team is growing, and we are now recruiting two additional posts to support Academic Departments within the University.

We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active applicants to provide academic liaison services for Library Services to ensure an effective, responsive and evolving service to students, researchers and staff in academic departments within the University.

Working closely with the Head of Library Academic Liaison and the Academic Liaison Development Manager, as well as other Subject Librarians and colleagues in other library teams, you will be responsible for liaison with academic departments; teaching students and staff how to research and use resources effectively; selecting resources and managing budgets; as well as attending meetings and participating in projects.

We are currently reviewing subject responsibilities in light of these additional posts and these will be allocated to Subject Librarians in due course.  Applications from candidates with experience in those subjects provided at Roehampton are very welcome, but we also value enthusiasm and the ability to transfer existing skills to new subject areas.

The University of Roehampton is set on a beautiful, traditional campus in south-west London. The University provides its students with exceptional facilities, high quality teaching and a close-knit, collegiate experience.

Roehampton has a diverse student body and a cosmopolitan outlook, with students from over 130 countries.  The University is committed to a strong research culture, with two of its departments ranked the best in the country. Roehampton is on an ambitious trajectory and seeks to build on its increasing popularity by developing an innovative and distinctive portfolio.

Closing date no later than 5.00pm: Thursday 4 July 2013, interviews likely to be Monday 22 July

Application forms and links to the Post Information Pack can be found on our website: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Human-Resources/Job-Opportunities/

For an informal discussion, please contact me:

Susan Scorey
University Librarian
University of Roehampton | London | SW15 5SZ
[log in to unmask] | www.roehampton.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8392 3058 | Mob: +44 (0) 7785 470026
Follow us on TWITTER | Find us on FACEBOOK
Watch us on YOUTUBE | Check in on FOURSQUARE