Dear colleagues

Almost 250 libraries have now responded to this year's library RFID survey -
more than 200 fewer than in 2012 but a higher number than in all other
years. UK libraries (133) are well ahead this year - perhaps in response to
being beaten by Australia in 2012 - but replies from the USA are less than
half of last year's total (and Australia's less than a quarter).

The survey closes on Wednesday at 12 noon GMT so if you were meaning to get
around to responding. time is running out!

This year we're trying to gather data about all aspects of RFID use -
including access control and smartphones (via NFC), as well as continuing to
monitor the growth of more traditional uses like self-service and stock
control. Responses are entirely confidential - although we do ask for an
email address so we can let you know when the results are published.

The information gathered ultimately feeds into the standards process to
agencies like BIC, BSI, ISO and NISO - so your replies directly help inform
the process of developing best practice and increasing efficiency - never
more vital than in times of limited resource.

If you haven't already completed the survey please consider doing so now. It
really won't take very long (about 5-10 minutes) and the more replies we
receive the better our understanding of your needs will be.

The survey is at  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SQND9KS

Thanks for your time!

Mick

m.  <tel:%2B44%20%280%297786%20625544> +44 (0)7786 625544   t. +33 555 61 03
71 e.   <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

 <http://twitter.com/mickfortune> @mickfortune