Dear All,
The other week, I raised the issue of us all using the same hashtag if we tweeted to students so that we could build up a weight of student-facing tweets. We discussed using a collective hashtag at the last ALDinHE Steering Group meeting. It was thought that the simplest way forward for now was that any of us that are tweeting to students could use the hashtag study chat format - that is #studychat - so that a collection of our tweets started to form. We can see what happens and consider how we might continue, develop, change direction, formalise (pace @PaulsElearning).
We went for #studychat because it echoes #phdchat and we thought it was more potentially comprehensible to students than an echo of the student jiscmail (pace Eloise Sentito and LDtalk) ...
I do try to tweet out something to our students several times a week - and just have to remind myself to add the hashtag every time... It would be great if a few of you joined in?
Best wishes,
Sandra
--
Sandra Sinfield