All

See summary of recent workshop in London on GoldOA.
http://www.goldoa.org.uk/ and please do make comments.

I have made comments against several of the posts indicating the importance of institutional CRIS/IR and the suitability of CERIF to facilitate and encourage data sharing and improve existing publication processes - notably submitting metadata directly from institutional CRIS to manuscript submission systems and ingesting the post publication metadata back in. This would be equally useful for all publications - irrespective of whether GoldOA or not.

The group covers all stages of the publication process with some inevitable difference in opinions or emphasis between some parties but there is a consensus on moving forward to increase operational efficiency. I am trying to remain neutral whilst pushing the Publishers in particular to engage with us as Institutions during the publishing process (rather than just directly with the authors) - the aim being to collect metadata once at each stage of the process rather than institutions engaging at the end and having to pay to get our metadata back!

All the best

Anna

Anna Clements
Enterprise Architect