Well, I for one have submitted two projects to bits of NIHR in the last year or so (RfPB and HTA) – both got very good referee comments, neither were small scale and neither got funding.

We get the impression that NIHR feels people with learning disabilities are just not valuable enough.

Glynis Murphy

From: Axel Kaehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:13:18 +0100
To: Glynis Murphy <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: NIHR Funding for LD research

Glynis

I have attended HSDR (formerly SDO) sessions and I can honestly say that they have again and again highlighted that they would love to see more proposals in the LD field but that the few they receive are usually small scale and unfundable. It seems a problem of scale and robust methods rather than an unwillingness of the NIHR to fund.

Best wishes

Axel