Please forward this to anyone you may know who might be interested:

http://www.jobsnorthumberland.co.uk/mynorthumberland/view.aspx?jb=58543&og=48,315&kw=archaeology&pg=1

Job Title

Assistant Archaeologist (Part time - 18.5 hours per week, fixed term until 28 February 2014 (Maternity cover).)

Job Reference

DM19

Organisation

Northumberland County Council

Location

County Hall, Morpeth

Salary

Band 7 | £25,475 - £28,636 per annum pro-rata

Working option

Part time | 18.5 hours per week

Closing Date

9 Jul 2013 12:00PM

Job Description

Fixed term until 28 February 2014 (Maternity cover). Northumberland contains a rich archaeological and cultural heritage. The County Conservation Team is responsible for the protection, management and enhancement of the archaeological, built and natural environment assets of the County. The Assistant Archaeologist has a major role in the development control service for archaeology: providing advice on the impact of development proposals and mitigation strategies, providing briefs for archaeological fieldwork, monitoring mitigation work and advising grant-giving agencies. You must have a degree in archaeology or a related subject and experience of providing archaeological/heritage advice within strategic planning and development management systems. You should be self-motivated, with good communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage a demanding workload with minimum supervision.

Contact

If you want to apply, please apply online or download a PDF application form. PC access is available in most libraries within the Northumberland area.

Liz Williams

Heritage & HER Officer

Conservation Team

Development Services, Local Services

Northumberland County Council

County Hall, Morpeth

Northumberland, NE61 2EF

Tel: 01670 622656

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.northumberland.gov.uk

Development Services would value your feedback on the service you have received from us. Please complete our short Customer Satisfaction Survey by clicking this link: http://survey.northumberland.gov.uk/ncccss/ncccss.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Northumberland added fact: Save Time Do It Online! We have made some key improvements to our site to make all of our services easy to access. Now you can do everything from paying your council tax, to reporting a faulty street light online. Go to: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk and click 'pay, apply or report' to access the relevant forms. Northumberland added disclaimer: This email is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from any computer. All email communication may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with internal policy and relevant legislation. Please, consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail ask yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?" ---------------------------------------------------------------------  ­­