I've retired, so I have no personal/practice information, but I've been
looking at some of the problems with the new DES' - and you lot have to sign
up - or not - by 30th June.
What will you do?
e.g. Is the Dementia DES worth the gamble?
The practice gets a fee up-front - then a proportion of a *fixed sum*
depending on the number of screens accurately Coded by the practice and the
number of screens performed in total by practices signed up.
Is it worth the gamble that others won't sign up - and your single screen
scoops the jackpot?
Shades of the Red Book and Pool system!
e.g. Risk Stratification
Have a look at the IG guidance from NHS England:-
http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ig-risk-ccg-gp.pdf
I found it difficult to translate into an action plan (partly because I am
not aware of what risk stratification has been done in the past and what
contracts are already in place).
Have a quick look at the Options (all of which involve GPs generating lists
of NHS numbers of patients who have not objected to being included in risk
stratification) and the glossary for pseudonomisation and weak
pseudonomisation and you'll see some of my problems.

I think it would be useful if practices and CCGs shared their decisions -
and reasons for them - and plans: this is unknown territory (even to TPTB!)
and some useful information might be generated.
Live in hope - and so glad to have retired!

Mary Hawking
Retired from NHS on 31.3.13 because of the Health and Social Care Act 2012
PHCSG Annual Conference 25.10.13
http://www.phcsg.org/events/annual-conference-and-agm/
"thinking - independent thinking - is to humans as swimming is to cats: we
can do it if we really have to."  Mark Earles on Radio 4
blog http://maryhawking.wordpress.com/ Fred
http://primaryhealthinfo.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/who-knows-what-and-why/