I think this is great! I have some microtextures from blueschist facies pseudotachylytes in Corscia that might be suitable.

Cheers,

Natalie Deseta
PhD Candidate
Wits University

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Soumyajit Mukherjee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear all-

I cordially invite you to submit colour snaps and captions on any structural geological aspects in the following edited volume. If you are interested, please express your interest to me within 25-July-2013.

There might be spare snaps that you will not use in any research manuscripts. Those will be ideal to submit here.

We will devote two pages per author. Each page will have two snaps and captions. So we are seeking four snaps per author.

Ph.D. students and postdocs are encouraged to submit.

Call for contributions for an edited volume:

“Atlas of Structural Geology”

We are seeking outstanding/eye catching/unique/rare photographs of structures in rocks in meso- and micro-scales, along with captions.

Publisher: Elsevier

Editor & Contact Person:                            Soumyajit Mukherjee

Dept Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, INDIA

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Publication of the book envisaged (after peer review):   March 2014.

SPECIFICATIONS:

1. The caption should be of max. 250 words. Explain there why that snap is unique/spectacular/important.

2. Add up to three references within the caption to strengthen your view. Please provide a reference so that the reader can go back to the key literature if she wishes.

3. Provide name and mail id of a reviewer.

4. Add location, GPS reading if available, rock type, Formation name, age of the rock, facies/grade etc.- in proper order- within the caption.

5. Improve sharpness of the snaps (by Adobe Photoshop) before submitting. Please take care that the natural colours do not get distorted.

6. Photos should have markers. If not, state the tentative width of the snap.

7. Photos must be submitted as JPEG files.

8. Kindly do not submit previously published or submitted snaps.

Kind regards,
Dr. Soumyajit Mukherjee
My new book:
http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-642-25608-0/page/1

Assistant Professor
Geodynamics Lab (Room Number: 101, 1st Floor)
Department of Earth Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai- 400 076, Maharashtra, INDIA
Landline: +91-022-2576-7281 (Office)
Fax: +91-022-2576-7253
Alternate mail id: [log in to unmask]