From: Edward Fleming
Sent: 05 June 2013 16:57
To: Michael John Hambrey [mjh]; Doug Benn; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Hiemstra J.; R.I. Waller; Mark Tarplee ([log in to unmask]); Karol Tylmann; Joseph Pomeroy; Jane Hart; Izabela Szuman; ?var ?rn Benediktsson; Evans, Hannah M.; Eleri Harris; David Vaughan-Hirsch ([log in to unmask]); Auton, Clive A.; Amanda Williams; Amanda Ferguson; Carl Stevenson; Lee, Jonathan R.; John Groves
Cc: Busfield, Marie (2011); Phillips, Emrys R.
Subject: Extension of abstract deadline! "Glaciotectonics" session at the IAS meeting in Manchester

Dear all,

International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS), Manchester, 2nd - 5th September 2013.

This is a final call for anyone interested in the "Glaciotectonics" session at the 30th IAS meeting in Manchester. The abstract deadline has now been extended till Sunday evening (9th), so there is still time to get one in if anyone's interested.

Session T6.2: Glaciotectonism
Chairs: Marie Busfield (RHUL, UK) & Edward Fleming (University of Birmingham, UK)
Keynote speaker: Emrys Phillips (British Geological Survey, Edinburgh, UK)
Analysis of glaciotectonic deformation structures provides critical information regarding the nature and dynamic behaviour of glaciers and ice sheets, as well as the polyphase history of many glacially-influenced regimes. Structures range from micro-scale to 100's of metres; at all scales acting as an extremely valuable glacial proxy, particularly in the absence of other classic glacial features. We invite contributions that examine modern, Quaternary and pre-Quaternary glaciotectonic structures, on both the macro- and micro-scale. Studies which integrate multi-disciplinary techniques, examine structures at a variety of scales, and/or compare distinct geologic periods are particularly welcome.

Details of the sessions: http://www.sedimentologists.org/meetings/ims-scientific-programme
Details of the conference: http://www.sedimentologists.org/meetings/ims
Abstract submission: http://www.sedimentologists.org/meetings/ims-abstract

This promises to be an excellent event with various sessions covering all aspects of sedimentology as well as several other sessions related to the cryosphere.

I understand some of you will be going to the IGS BB meeting, which unfortunately clashes, but I hope some of you can still make it (or do both like me!).

Best regards,

Ed

Edward Fleming
Doctoral Researcher
School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (GEES)
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT
UK