HI - it's possible that the usage gets to 30GB fine but then MELODIC requests much more to move on to the next stage of the analysis, which then fails for memory issues.  Make sure your system doesn't impose a RAM limit on individual jobs.   Maybe resample your data to 3mm or 4mm standard space to reduce memory requirements?   Is this running melodic in -a concat mode?
Cheers, Steve.