Van: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] namens Harms, Michael [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: maandag 24 juni 2013 16:10
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [FSL] Overall test for two groups - 3 conditions

Hi Heidi,
Turns out I posted on this recently (May 14, 2013) under the subject "2 x
4 repeated measures ANOVA".

For convenience, I'm reattaching the example design matrix.
For simplicity of illustration, the design matrix uses just 4 total
subjects, 2 in each group.
Columns 1-3 model the condition effects for G1 (group 1).
Columns 4-6 model the condition effects for G2 (group 2).
Columns 7-10 model the subject specific means.
"F1" represents the main effect of condition, and "F2" the condition x
group interaction.

In your case, the "condition" effect is "time", and you need to reduce
appropriately to just 3 (rather than 4) repeated measures.

To reiterate, the main effect of group would not be valid in this design,
and thus there is no such contrast included.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
660 South Euclid Ave.           Tel: 314-747-6173
St. Louis, MO  63110                    Email: [log in to unmask]