Hi FSL users,

I have an issue with a FEAT seed-based resting state analysis that I would like feedback on. I ran a third level analysis in FEAT on the default mode network with the left PCC as the seed. I first ran this at a z threshold of 2.3 between two groups. The html report came back with a significant area of activation. I then ran this at a 1.96 z threshold, and the resulting report had no activations.

I came across this message in the mail forums, which may speak to my issue here:
Hi Conny. I suspect that all that is happening is that there is no
activation at this choice of thresholds. Note that it is possible with
cluster-based thresholding to _reduce_ the _Z_ threshold and actually see some activation disappear (because the significance of a cluster depends on its size _and_ the threshold that was used).
Thanks, Steve.

But I do not understand why cluster correction would remove activation at a lower threshold. Any thoughts as to why this would be happening? I would appreciate any insight into this issue.

Danielle