Hello Heidi,
It Would be better if you go other way round.
Convert you functional image into 2mm referencing MNI152_T1 image.
and then overlay funcltional on the structural to get the specific names of regions.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Jacobs H (NP) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Mark,

Thanks for your reply!
When doing the melodic: I resampled my data in 3mm. The output from the dual regression is now not in the same dimensions at the available templates (1mm or 2mm).
With your help, I have now created a MNI152_T1_3mm, so that I can visualize my results.
However, I have the impression the atlas is not entirely correct? Is that possible? For example the colored voxel is in the frontal pole according to the atlas. I think this is not yet the frontal pole, but rather the superior frontal gyrus? I have used the Harvard-Oxford atlas in fslview.

Best
Heidi

Van: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] namens Mark Jenkinson [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: zondag 9 juni 2013 1:51
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [FSL] applying FLIRT on the atlas

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't quite follow what you want to do.  It is always necessary to register functional images to standard space (via a structural image) in order to relate atlas information.  Otherwise it does not know what coordinates in the functional image correspond to what coordinates in the atlas space.  Once you've done the registrations then you'll have a version in the standard/atlas space that you can work with.

All the best,
        Mark

On 7 Jun 2013, at 09:02, Jacobs H (NP) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi FSL guys!
>
> Can I change the dimensions of an atlas? My functional images have a different resolution and therefore the atlas does not fit.
> I saw that the atlas is in .xml format. How can I change this?
>
> Thanks!
> Heidi

> Dr. Heidi Jacobs
> Postdoc researcher
> Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
> School for Mental Health and Neurosciences
> Division Cognitive Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
> Alzheimer Center Limburg
> www.maastrichtuniversity.nl
> www.heidijacobs.nl
>
> Dr. Tanslaan 12, 6229 ET Maastricht
> P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
> T +31 43 38 84 090 F +31 43 38 84 092

Himanshu Joshi
M.Tech. Cognitive & Neuroscience.
Senior Research Fellow