I would only recommend that option for non-repeated measures.

If you were to make the interaction at the first-level and then bring that
contrast to the second-level, then you could use a one-sample t-test and
then de-weight the outliers.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School