Sent: 13 June 2013 17:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Edexcel Results

I agree with you totally Paul.  They are way too soft here, everything is handed to them on a plate and they are molly-coddled and babied into oblivion.  They are supposed to have clamped down on lateness in class but that lasted about a month as none of the Curriculum Managers could be bother patrolling the corridors and entrances to collar the students.
Dress code - well if you class a belt that just about covers your cheeks a skirt and if your trousers can hang down to your knees and we can see your grundies then we have a strict dress code!!!  No most of them do wear clothes to college it's the Performing Arts, Hair & Beauty ones who forget to put something on before they leave home!!!
As for pens etc, next year I am not going to provide them so they will have to find something sharp to access a vein and write in blood.  Tomorrow with the GCSE Maths paper, I reckon 60% of them won't have brought a calculator.  Well I'll be making a stand tomorrow as I have unfortunately "lost" all the calculators we had last year so there won't be any spares to hand out!!!!
I was saying to my team earlier, if we didn't have students it would be so much easier :)

Kate