G'day!

Suggest you ask Sandy Oliver your second question (I don't know if she's on
this list): http://www.ioe.ac.uk/research/SSRU_38.html

Guidelines generally, would be worth contacting the consumer participation
working group in G-I-N (Guidelines International Network).

Your first question is tougher: there's not many places that do it in a
formal way, so evaluation isn't going to be extensive either - Australia
and maybe Netherlands. Most countries don't have national formularies and I
don't know that it happens at other levels (consumer involvement).
Australia also has consumer participation in the funding deliberations, but
again, I don't know whether that (PBAC) has been evaluated. You could ask
Consumers' Health Forum of Australia. Some relevant descriptive/qualitative
reports from the consumers' point of view they have online coming out of
some aspects of that work (but not PBAC deliberations) that can give you a
sense of what it looks like from the consumer representative side:

https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/rep/rep-research_report-an_analysis_of_the_contribution_of_health_consumer_representatives.pdf

https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/rep/rep-376-consumer-input-into-adec-summary-evaluation.pdf

https://www.chf.org.au/rep-727-TGAConsultationReport-Apr11.chf

https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/chf/HV-JUNE2011_Graham.pdf

https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/ahc/ahc-2005-3-history-consumer-medicine-information.pdf

https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/hvo/hvo-2008-3-consumer-action-medicines-political-change.pdf

(What it generally looked like from the government's side, but not
specifically pharmaceutical:
https://www.chf.org.au/pdfs/rep/rep-good-practice-consumer-representation-response.pdf)

To contact the CHF: https://www.chf.org.au/

Hilda