From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SHQ - Gardiner, Lee
Sent: 17 June 2013 14:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Redundancy Payments

Afternoon All

After some advice/guidance.

As part of our annual accounts we are required to show redundancy payments made (not sure if this is a statutory requirement or not) however we have only had 1 redundancy in the financial year being reported so as you can see we have a potential DP issue.

The auditors are saying we are required to publish the exact redundancy amount which will then obviously confirm X was paid £Y in redundancy.

I'm not comfortable with this and although it isn't perfect reporting a payment band is better.

Does anyone have any views/ideas?

Thanks

Lee Gardiner

Data Protection & Freedom of Information Officer

Knowledge Management Team

Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service

Service Headquarters
Garstang Road
Fulwood
Preston
PR2 3LH

01772 866903

SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES

Call 0800 169 1125 to book a free Home Fire Safety Check.

Visit our website: www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk

Facebook: Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service

Twitter: @LancashireFRS

********************

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.

It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or

professional privilege.

If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it

The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service's position. Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.

GET OUT - STAY OUT - CALL THE FIRE SERVICE OUT

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the IT Service Desk at Broxtowe Borough Council on [log in to unmask] or telephone 0115 917 3194.
Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under current legislation, the contents may be monitored and will be retained. The contents of the email may have to be disclosed in response to a request.
This disclaimer confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.