Monographic study of youth leisure in Europe:

Youth Nightlife in Europe.

The FAD Foundation (Fundación de Ayuda a la DrogadicciónFoundation for Aid for Drug Addiction) and the Reina Sofía Center of Adolescence and Youth has started the Monographic study of youth leisure in Europe (Youth Nightlife in Europe).

On its first phase in 2013 we are interested in conducting a preliminary situation analysis of youth night leisure in different European countries. We aim to create a network of European experts and completing a qualitative approach (using delphi-techniques) on an array of normalized indicators. The final aim of this first phase is to gather sufficient momentum to start a European Project (with a bigger funding) and to publish state of the art research both at the national and at a comparative level.

To that end, we would like to invite you to participate in this project as a coordinator of the study in your country. Unfortunately the project doesn´t allow us to directly fund institutions, but the available funding allows us to cover  the travel expenses (we are expecting a collective meeting in Madrid by the end of July) and provide 2.500 euros for each national research team for the 2013 period.

Each national team is  expected to provide a tracking of the relevant statistical and qualitative data available, attend the Madrid meeting in order to agree on the methodological procedure, to propose a network of experts on the field and conducting the delphi (in the national language of your choosing), and to write the national report (in english) and contribute to the final comparative report.

We are looking for researchers from central europe (Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Liechtenstein, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland) with solid credentials and interested in exploring the european youths´ contemporary reality of night leisure. Would you be interested in joining in, please let us know as soon as possible, so that meet the deadlines.

Thanking you in advance for your collaboration, best regards.

--
Xabier Landabidea Urresti

Aisiazko Ikaskuntzak / Leisure Studies
Deustuko Unibertsitatea / University of Deusto
Unibertsitateen Etorbidea, 24
48007 - Bilbao