Dear Paul & Bernhard,

I've detected what went wrong here: Coot's mt rotamer has always Chi
angles of (-65, 175)! But when I wanted to modifiy the Chi angles with
"Edit Chi Angles", apparently, the Chi angles were wrongly displayed.
I've cross-checked this with another graphics program, Moloc, and "both"
mt rotamers with Chi angles (-65,51) and (-65,-60) had indeed Chi angles
of (-65,175)!

So, there is no rotamer problem in Coot, but a problem with the
displayed Chi angles of the "Edit Chi Angles" function.

Best regards,

Dirk.

Am 19.06.13 10:17, schrieb Dirk Kostrewa:
> Dear Bernhard,
>
> I'm using Coot version 0.7 for Mac OS X (the one from Bill Scott).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dirk.
>
> Am 19.06.13 10:13, schrieb Bernhard Lohkamp:
>> Dear Dirk,
>>
>> I am not sure which program you are using ;-) , but Coot uses LEU mt
>> Chi1 -65deg and Chi2 174deg and hence CD2 is not anywhere near N. Of
>> course if you use chi2 angle of 51 the situation is different...
>> I assume something else is going wrong here.

>>> Dear Tim,
>>>
>>> the mt rotamer in Coot is simply wrong: I really need quite frequently
>>> the correct mt rotamer from Richardson's penultimate rotamer library,
>>> which Coot should be using, according to its documentation. The Coot mt
>>> Chi angles -65, 51 lead to a close contact of CD2 with N of 2.9 A.
>>> The correct mt rotamer with Chi-angles -65, 175 have no close contacts:
>>> CD1-N: 3.7 A, CD2-N: 4.6 A. And it really "looks" correct.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Dirk.
>>>
>>> Am 18.06.13 22:52, schrieb Tim Gruene:

Dirk Kostrewa