In terms of a HR process, I imagine (assume) they would have to be a lot more transparent than telling you you cant apply because you arent a member of the BPS, particularly if you had stated that you were willing to re-join.  I'm sure someone who is clued up with employment stuff would be better placed to answer this, if I feel the system is trying to manipulate or disempower me, I try to think of relevant policies/statutes/laws that can support and push my position forward.

I'd like to echo what was said earlier, whilst the CPF can often be a platform for junior psychologists to publish audits (I don't think this is a bad thing entirely) I do think it's a good resource and would benefit from a stronger critical focus.