There is also XDSAPP, a very convenient GUI for XDS with a fairly high
degree of automation. Try it out, you will like it ...

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/forschung/funkma/soft-matter/forschung/bessy-mx/xdsapp/index_en.html

Cheers,

Manfred

On 24.06.2013 10:35, [log in to unmask] wrote:
Dear Pramod,

To run XDS, you could try to run it via the CPP4 procedure XIA2, or via autoPROC from Global Phasing. What also may help is to retype the line:
NAME_TEMPLATE_OF_DATA_FRAMES=../images/WFTig1_???.mar2300  ! MAR345

I have had cases, where there were (I believe) hidden characters in there which caused XDS to fail. I would also check that the images XDS complains about, are really there and not empty. Your SPOT_RANGE line is commented out. I would remove the comment "!" and try different spot ranges, including all images. You may also want to play with STRONG_PIXEL, to find a value which finds your major diffraction pattern and ignores the minor pattern. Sometimes it helps, to specify the known(?) space group and cell dimensions, sometimes it is better to leave them out.

XDS output files are normally not multi-megabyte, so you could also consider to post the relevant output files (INIT.LP, COLSPOT.LP) to the bullitin board.

Best,

Herman