I noticed something strange when processing a dataset with imosflm.  The
final output ctruncate_etc.mtz, contains IMEAN and F columns, which
should be the conversion according to French&Wilson.  Problem is that
IMEAN has no missing values (100% complete) while F has about 1500
missing (~97% complete)!

About half of the reflections that go missing are negative, but half are
positive.  About 5x more negative intensities are successfully
converted.  Most impacted are high resolution shells with weak signal,
so I am sure impact on "normal" refinement would be minimal.

However, I am just puzzled why would ctruncate reject positive
intensities (or negative for that matter - I don't see any cutoff
described in the manual and the lowest I/sigI for successfully converted
reflection is -18).

Is this a bug or feature?

Cheers,

Ed.

--
I don't know why the sacrifice thing didn't work.
Science behind it seemed so solid.