For information - with apologies for cross-posting

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bryan Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 27 June 2013 23:10:10 AST
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SUV Conference

Dear subscribers.
Yesterday I reported on the first day of the conference. Regrettably I missed reporting on a most significant pre-Conference ICA supported workshop.
Prior to the opening of the conference, a three day program of professional training took place which was attended by 31 archivists and records managers from across the Caribbean. The training was organized and delivered jointly by the UWI's  West Indies Federal Archives Centre (http://www.wifac.org), our hosts in Barbados, and the Centre for Archive and Information Studies from the University of Dundee in Scotland (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais). During the weeks preceding the training sessions at Cave Hill, attendees took part in reading and discussion online. The in-person sessions built on this approach and covered core areas of archival theory and practice which were tailored to the needs identified by colleagues in the Caribbean and their specific local circumstances.

In discussing the  program with some participants over lunch today I understand that the sessions were excellent and well received by all attendees.

This workshop was made possible with the support of ICA's FIDA Program.

I will report on the rest of the conference later.

Regards

Bryan

--
Bryan Corbett
Coordinator, North American Archival Network of ICA

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096 Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]