From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laura Stevens
Sent: 20 June 2013 14:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Efforts to trace copyright holders

Hello everyone,

Sorry, it's another copyright question!

The institution I work for would like to create a publication that includes material from the Archive. Due to lots of complex reasons, it is not always possible to trace the copyright holders of some of these objects. The best way to combat this, in my opinion, would be to include a short statement or piece of text to the affect of "All efforts have been made to trace the copyright holders of these objects and they have been credited, where possible." Would this be the best route of action?

I'd appreciate any advice on this matter, in particular any sources that contain similar statements or any similar experiences list members have run into.

Best wishes,
Laura