The following post at the University of Huddersfield is currently being advertised. I would be grateful if you would bring it to the attention of anyone who may be interested.

UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD

COMPUTING AND LIBRARY SERVICES

Assistant Archivist and Records Manager

Vacancy Ref:  R0168

Salary (Grade 6):  £24,994-£30,705

We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Archivist and Records Manager to assist the University Archivist and Records Manager in the provision of archives and special collections services to support teaching, learning and research, and to assist in the management of the University's corporate records.
Duties will include providing an information service to users, promoting archives and special collections, and records management services using traditional and web-based methods, cataloguing archive collections to international standards and developing and maintaining a digital preservation environment for collections, as well as developing and delivering training, teaching and learning materials and sessions in support of student learning and records and information management amongst staff. You will also assist in making appropriate arrangements for retrieval, access, retention and disposal of University records, in accordance with appropriate legislation, standards, best practice and policies.

You will also be expected to supervise archive assistants and volunteers, and liaise with a wide-range of internal and external stakeholders.
Informal enquiries are welcome to Amy-Jo Cameron-Williams and/or Sarah Wickham, University Archivists and Records Managers on (01484) 473168 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Further details and application forms may be downloaded from www.hud.ac.uk/hr/jobs<http://www.hud.ac.uk/hr/jobs> or obtained from the Personnel Office Tel: 01484 472845 or email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We would particularly welcome application forms from ethnic minority groups and people with disabilities who are under-represented in the University.

Closing date: 02/07/2013

Kind regards

Amy-Jo Cameron-Williams
University Archivist & Records Manager

If you're interested in studying at Huddersfield, or have already applied, why not join iHud?
Sign up today at: http://www2.hud.ac.uk/ihud/

Heritage@Huddersfield - an exciting project to transform Archives & Special Collections
Find out more http://library.hud.ac.uk/heritage/

---