Dear all

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is currently recruiting for 2 permanent Higher Statistical Officers to work at their headquarters in Bootle, Merseyside.

Job title: Higher Statistical Officer
Starting Salary: Within the range £27,113-£28,573, depending on relevant experience and skills
Maximum salary: £32,937

Employment type:Permanent

Closing date: 18th June 2013

Essential requirements : Candidates must either hold a first or second class honours degree in a subject containing formal Statistical Training (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Sciences, Business Studies, Psychology, Geography or similar), or have at least two years appropriate experience in a relevant statistical field and hold a minimum of the RSS Higher Certificate.

About HSE: HSE is the national independent watchdog for work-related health, safety and illness. We are an independent regulator and act in the public interest to reduce work-related death and serious injury across Great Britain’s workplaces.

About the vacancies: HSE's statisticians work in the Statistics and Epidemiology Unit (SEU). We collect, analyse and disseminate statistics and epidemiological research related to health and safety at work. We also provide tailored advice and analyses for HSE's policy and operational teams to support targeting of interventions and the evaluation of impact. Statisticians in SEU work flexibly across the unit to gain a range of experience of different data sources, customers and managers. Within that flexibility, there may also be areas of fixed responsibility to give analysts the opportunity to develop a deep understanding and lead specific areas of work.

To obtain further particulars on these vacancies and for details of how to apply, please see http://www.hse.gov.uk/careers/csead-senior-higher-statistical-officers.htm

Please note : Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications and may be automatically logged, monitored and / or recorded for lawful purposes by the GSI service provider.

Interested in Occupational Health and Safety information?

Please visit the HSE website at the following address to keep yourself up to date

www.hse.gov.uk

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

SIGNOFF allstat