Hi,

We use Babycheck strips supplied by BMS. We have 26 units which use these. We are enrolled with the Weqas EQA scheme (individual). We find the manual read strips not very effective and have had some issues with them.

We initially had the Clinitek meters with which we had no problems (bar the strip issue which removed them from the market). We are currently reverting back to the meters as strips have recently become available to order and fully expect this will increase the quality of the service as it has done so in the past.

Nigel Quinn

Point of Care Officer

Biochemistry Laboratory

Craigavon Area Hospital

Southern Health and Social Care Trust

Tel: 028 3861 2660.

POCT Website                          Laboratory Website