From: ACB Point-of-Care Testing [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shipway Lesley (ROYAL UNITED HOSPITAL BATH NHS TRUST - RD1) [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 June 2013 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query: how to approach EQA for pregnancy test strips

---
This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.

The identified sender is [log in to unmask]
---

Hi All,

Can you help me with a query or two – we currently have around 20 locations in the Trust (more with Community Hospitals, etc.) who complete pregnancy testing with test strips. Only 3 areas are EQA’d and there is some challenges to accurate detection around the 25 – 30iu cut off point.

Can you let me know, any or all of:

1.       What strips do you use;

2.       Whether this is with a reader;

3.       How you EQA them (individual distribution with NEQAS, internal comparison vs EQA’d scheme, split NEQAS distribution, etc);

4.       Are you happy with POCT pregnancy testing in your area(s).

Thanks!
Lesley

Lesley Shipway CSci FIBMS Assoc CIPD
Pathology Quality Manager