Thanks, Suzanne, Charmaine's work looks to be spot on. I'll contact
her via the link you sent.

Thanks, Sabine. I've got Witching Culture on my bookshelf and looked
up the reference. Very moving story. I also found her obituary here
http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usca&c=passages&id=12357.

Fedele might be a bit off-track for me, but Winkelman looks
interesting. I had a tab open on his latest book Shamanism: A
Biopsychosocial Paradigm of Consciousness and Healing. Amazon.com was
a bit sparse, so I couldn't decide whether it was relevant, but
Amazon.co.uk, which I've just looked up now, has a preview available.
 From the toc it looks as though he covers some of the areas I'm
interested in. Thanks for looking up the references.

All the best,

Leo
--

Dr Leo Ruickbie, PhD, MA, BA(Hons), Associate of King's College

Member: European Society for the Study of Western Esotericism,
Gesellschaft für Anomalistik, Parapsychological Association, Societas
Magica, Society for Psychical Research, The Ghost Club

Author: Witchcraft Out of the Shadows (2004, 2011); Faustus: The Life
and Times of a Renaissance Magician (2009); A Brief Guide to the
Supernatural (2012); A Brief Guide to Ghost Hunting (forthcoming)

Website: http://www.ruickbie.com