Hi Alice,

Not from excavations but see:

Laufer, B (1926). "Ostrich Egg-shell cups of Mesopotamia and the Ostrich
in Ancient and Modern Times", Field Museum of Natural History,
Department of Anthropology, Chicago, Leaflet no. 23.

Green, N. (2006) "Ostrich Eggs and Peacock Feathers: Sacred Objects as
Cultural Exchange between Christianity and Islam" Al-Masaq: Islam and
the Medieval Mediterranean, 18/1: 27-78.

There is also an ostrich egg reliquary in the monastery of St. Wiperti
in Quedlinburg, inventoried in 1546. The crucifix crowning the
decoration on the artefact can be dated stylistically to the latter half
of the 14th century. For details see cat. number 26 in Dietrich
Kötzsche's (ed.) volume on the church treasury - (1992) Der
Quedlinburger Schatz wieder vereint, Berlin, Kulturstiftung der Länder,
p. 95.

Best,
Aleks