Hi Kenneth Your table is not correct. You have forgotten in Helse Midt  Molde behandlingssenter ( avd veksthuset )  And the last tc who had a agreement to treat with out opiode assisted treatment was actually Samtun not Haga. We had our first resident on opioid assistet treatment  in April this year and we had a contract untilll 1 july last year  as a TC not using substitution.
looking forward to the results off your report
Carsten.

From: Kenneth Arctander
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EFTC] Medicalization of the TC: advice?

Good day everyone!

I've been looking at the influence of opioid-assisted treatment lately on TCs and Collectives here in Norway.

After a national drug reform where treatment of addicts became a specialized health service and opioid-assisted treatment expanded radically there has been changes that seems to affect the whole discourse on recovery. I understand that this is not anything new and that the same thing is happening -almost cyclical- across Europe (and the US).

In Norway we now have 4,6 % of all treatment services that restrict against opoid assisted treatment in their institutes. These are only three small collectives. There are no TCs left with restrictions against the treatment form. Phoenix Haga was the last one, even though it opened up for some beds to patients on opioids. In this mail I've attached a table that I made, where "ikke-substitusjon" means "no opioid assisted treatment".

I need some help mapping this out. Is this table showing a very radical trend special for Norway or is this the same across Europe. And in such a grand scale?

With only two TCs left in Norway and very few generic collectives to me it seems something needs to be done. I would greatly appreciate anything that could point me in a right direction regarding this matter, and regarding further influencing the national guidelines on drug policy. We've managed to influence them to such a degree that now an important guideline is that becoming clean after treatment should be possible...

Have a nice day everyone, and thank you in advance.

--
Sincerely hilsener Kenneth Arctander