I'm aware that there is work being done on drones in public artworks and urban activism in Montreal. Brian Massumi is involved in something. There's been a discussion about this on empyre.

best

Simon

On 1 May 2013, at 09:47, Kevin Macnish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for this, David.
>
> I have been doing some work on the ethics of drones in war and peace, and will be presenting on this at the CEPE Conference in Lisbon this summer (with a publication hopefully to follow).  So far I have concentrated on drones which are directly controlled, but will be turning my attention to fully automated drones in due course.
>
> Bibliography to follow for David.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> ___________________________
>
> Kevin Macnish
> Teaching Fellow and Consultant
> http://leeds.academia.edu/KevinMacnish/About
>
> Inter-Disciplinary Ethics Applied
> A Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
> University of Leeds
> 8-12 Fenton Street
> Leeds LS2 9JT
>
> Mobile: 07912 370698
>

> On 1 May 2013 08:43, David Murakami Wood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The Surveillance Studies Centre is just starting a project for the Canadian Office of the Privacy Commissioner on the spread of drones (UAVs, RPVs etc.) in Canada.
>
> As part of this, we thought it would be useful for us, and for everyone else, if we constructed a working bibliography and resource guide to research on drones worldwide, and this list is perhaps the best way to do this.
>
> I am asking for three things:
>
> 1. that people doing research on drones introduce themselves and their work - that can be done publicly by replying to the list; and
> 2. that we share the bibliographies and resource lists we have already constructed - the best way to do this is privately to my e-mail, and then I will make an organized meta-list, which I will post here.
> 3. I am also looking into proposing a special issue of one of the major interdisciplinary journals that deal with the interface of social and spatial issues (Space and Culture, Geoforum, Environment and Planning etc.) on drones, and if anyone is interested in forming part of such a proposal, please contact me, again privately.
>
> I hope this is useful!
>
> David MW.
>
> For further help, please visit:
>
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help
>
> **************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to : UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************

Simon Biggs
http://www.littlepig.org.uk @SimonBiggsUK http://amazon.com/author/simonbiggs

[log in to unmask] Edinburgh College of Art, University of Edinburgh
http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/edinburgh-college-art/school-of-art/staff/staff?person_id=182&cw_xml=profile.php
http://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/simon-biggs%285dfcaf34-56b1-4452-9100-aaab96935e31%29.html

http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/  http://www.elmcip.net/  http://www.movingtargets.org.uk/  http://designinaction.com/
MSc by Research in Interdisciplinary Creative Practices
http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/postgraduate/degrees?id=656&cw_xml=details.php