Hello,

I asked this question before but I think asked it wrongly!

I have a time series data in which subject has to squeeze a ball. I also measures the strength values of each squeezing trial. My aim is to find out how does the signal vary with increasing/decreasing the grip strength ( does it vary linearly .. Is there any strong correlation between them..).
So I ended up with two vectors: one represent the time of each squeeze in seconds and the other represents the values in percentage for each squeeze.

I am confused about how I should model them. Should I use the first or second level specification? Then in the contrast  window how I enter the beta values ( i.e, if the first column is the time of the condition and the second is the grips strengths should I put just 1 and zero for the other over the first column and assuming by adding the strength that this is the effects or should I put 0 1? In either case, at least for me, I could not understand how this be interrupted in terms of the relation between them)

Please can you help me with details about this important issue ? Is there any practical explanation about this?

Thanks in advance

AS