From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Guillaume Flandin
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] SPM with 4D NIFTI

Dear Tibor,

just to add that you can find more details here:
  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Working_with_4D_data

In SPM12, you can enter Inf in the frame entry instead of 1:999...
You also have the option to use single (.nii) instead of dual
(.hdr/.img) file storage in global defaults:
  defaults.images.format  = 'img'; % options: 'img', 'nii'

While I am in favour of using single NIfTI files (.nii) throughout SPM as default, you might sometimes observe slowdowns when using 4D files (as compared to 3D files).
I'd be happy to hear feedbacks from those of you who use 4D files routinely. I'd also welcome views on the change to have .nii files as
default: will it affect your in-house scripts if GLM outputs are saved with (3D) single file storage (beta_0001.nii, con_0001.nii, mask.nii, etc)?

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Flandin, PhD