Dear SPM community:

I have some questions during I use the method of Dynamic causal model (DCM) for MEG. I separated the subjects into two groups: one is patients (22 people), the other one is controls (20 people). After construct models, I got the best superior model through bayesian model selection (BMS). However, the results may be a little arguable. For example, to all subjects, the best model was model 2, the patient group may be model 2 while the control group was model 1. Under this circumstance, I still selected the model 2 as a common model to compare parameters of effective connectivity between the two groups. Due to the best model of controls wasnĄ¯t the same with patientsĄ¯, my question is whether it will influence the results. Then, because the number of two groups wasnĄ¯t the same, my second question is if I increase the number of controls, whether the best model of all subjects will become model 1.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lingling Hua
5.23.2013