Dear Anthony,
I have a feeling this may relate to a bug which has been fixed in the latest update of SPM8. Please could you download the update dated 04-Feb-2013 and see if that fixes the problem? You will need to recompute your results.

Updates are at http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/software/spm8/#Updates .

Best,
Peter.