Conducting a post-hoc t-test to explain a significant F-test is not double
dipping. It is simply an extension of the same analysis. However, you want
to be clear that you are only testing the areas that had a significant
group effect and only to show which groups are different. With the F-test,
you already know that there is at least one group that differs from the
others.

The issue of double-dipping arises, when you select your cluster based a
correlation, then extract the ROI to do the same correlation. This is
double-dipping as you've done the analysis and are doing the same analysis
on a subset of the data. The way around this issue is to plot the ROI, but
make the inference from the original analysis.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren