Dear Colleagues,

We are happy to announce the first workshop of the Constructed Complexities project entitled “Institutions as social constructs and social construction through institutions”, which will take place at University of Surrey on 21 June 2013.

Attached is the Call for Participation for the workshop. We would be happy if you would like to participate and/or forward the call to colleagues and students who might be interested.

Constructed Complexities project aims to initiate a network of scholars working together to identify conflicts or differences as well as links and similarities between complexity theory and social constructionism. Thereby, the project aims to contribute to methodological debates in social science and facilitate interdisciplinary research. The first workshop aims to investigate possible links and gaps between social constructionism and institutionalisms. We aim to initiate a rich dialogue between researchers on these issues and are welcoming contributions from all social science fields.

More information on the project and the workshop series is available at http://constructedcomplexities.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your attention.

Kind Regards

Dr Ozge Dilaver Kalkan