I'm in. Someplace light, because we get a lot of heavy food throughout.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Marianne F Micros <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello, As usual I will post the location of the Elizabeth Boyle room on the bulletin board.  I will be arriving on Wednesday, so the room will be available starting Wednesday evening (not sure what time yet).  Dinner plans for Wednesday, anyone?

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Henry <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 01 May 2013 11:09:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Spenser papers and sessions at Kalamazoo, 2013

Hello, all,

David asked me to pass along to you all the list of Spenser papers and
sessions at Kalamazoo next week, which I append for your reference.
Somewhat frustratingly, there are a couple of stray papers that go
toe-to-toe with the Spenser at Kalamazoo panels this time round; however,
I'm sure you'll agree that there are some interesting things being
presented in Michigan this year.

Looking forward to seeing you in western Michigan for the usual mixture of
convivial scholarship and uncomfortable metal chairs---

Sean Henry.

*Thursday, 10 am*: Romancing Islam

Session 10 (Valley I, room 101)

Sponsor: Medieval Romance Society

“Allegorizing Islam in Book II of *The Faerie Queene*”

Dennis Austin Britton, Univ. of New Hampshire

*Thursday, 10 am*: Early Modern English Literature

Session 13 (Valley I, room 104)

“Protestantism, Despayre, and Reading in Book I of *Faerie Queene*”

Stephanie M. S. Bahr, Univ. of California–Berkeley

*Friday, 10 am*: Futures of Allegory: Medieval and Modern (A Collaboratory)

Session 223 (Schneider 1360)

“Speculative Allegories: Objects and Ecologies in Langland and Spenser”

William M. Rhodes, Univ. of Virginia

*Friday, 10 am*: Spenser at Kalamazoo I: Poet, Giant, Bishop, Sheep

Session 235 (Bernhard Brown & Gold Room)

Sponsor: Spenser at Kalamazoo

Organizer: Sean Henry, Univ. of Victoria; Theodore L. Steinberg,
SUNY–Fredonia; and David Scott Wilson-Okamura, East Carolina Univ.

Presider: John Walters, Indiana Univ.–Bloomington

Opening Remarks: William A. Oram, Smith College

“Revisiting the Bibliographical History of Spenser’s *View of the Present
State of Ireland*”

Jean R. Brink, Huntington Library

“Rough and Harsh Terms: *The Shepheardes Calendar* and ‘Bad’ Poetry”

Matthew Harrison, Princeton Univ.

“Prophesying and ‘Uncontrolled Freedome’: Edmund Spenser, Archbishop
Grindal, and the Episode of the Egalitarian Giant”

Denna Iammarino, Case Western Reserve Univ.

*Friday, 1:30 pm:* Spenser at Kalamazoo II: The Nature of the Beast

Session 244 (Valley I, room 101)

Sponsor: Spenser at Kalamazoo

Organizer: Rachel E. Hile, Indiana Univ.-Purdue Univ.–Fort Wayne; Jennifer
Vaught, Univ. of Louisiana–Lafayette; Theodore L. Steinberg, SUNY–Fredonia

Presider: Kristen L. Olson, Pennsylvania State Univ.–Beaver

“They Behead Horses, Don’t They? Spenser’s Boring Animals and the Subject
of Allegory”

Chris Barrett, Louisiana State Univ.

“Reconsidering the Blatant Beast’s Relation to Malory”

Kenneth Hodges, Univ. of Oklahoma

“Poetical Matters in *The Faerie Queene*”

Debapriya Sarkar, Rutgers Univ.

*Friday, 3:30 pm: *Spenser at Kalamazoo III: Delaying the Inevitable

Session 302 (Valley I, room 101)

Sponsor: Spenser at Kalamazoo

Organizer: Sean Henry, Univ. of Victoria; Rachel E. Hile, Indiana
Univ.-Purdue Univ.–Fort Wayne; and Jennifer Vaught, Univ. of
Louisiana–Lafayette

Presider: Ann Higgins, Westfield State Univ.

“Apocalypse on Hold: Spenser’s Redcrosse Knight and the Inconclusive Death
of Two Dragons”

Donald Stump, St. Louis Univ.

“On Not Committing Suicide”

Andrew Escobedo, Ohio Univ.

“Mirabella’s Penance and Compassion in *The Faerie Queene*, Book VI”

Sara Saylor, Univ. of Texas–Austin

Closing Remarks: William A. Oram, Smith College

*Friday, 3:30 pm:* Medieval Medievalisms

Session 335 (Schneider 1335)

Sponsor: Graduate Medievalists at Berkeley

“Streaming the Medieval Historical Consciousness in Spenser’s *Faerie Queene
* and Shakespeare’s *Richard II*”

Russell L. Keck, Purdue Univ.

Sean Henry, B.A., M.A., PhD.
Lecturer, Department of English
University of Victoria, B.C., Canada

Joel B Davis
Coordinator, MA Program in English
English Department
Stetson University
421 N Woodland Blvd Unit 8300
DeLand, FL 32720
386.822.7724
The Countesse of Pembrokes Arcadia and the Invention of English Literature
http://www.stetson.edu/artsci/english/davis.php