Dear Jennifer,

Some of us are familiar with the idea of contemplation as a spiritual discipline from our own particular faith traditions in which contemplation is linked very directly with ideas and experiences of transcendence and depth. In the light of this I would be very hesitant about taking concepts and practices from my own faith tradition and inviting students to participate in exercises surrounding them without first explaining their background in order to ensure that there is nothing offensive to their faith tradition in what I am asking them to do so that I have their fully informed consent. Please, could you share the roots of your the concepts and practices and its relationship, if any, to practices in different faith traditions. This will enable colleagues to make a fully informed judgement when taking up the invitation to explore these issues with you in the Day School.

Best regards,

Brian Jennings

Dr Brian Jennings FHEA, MCQI-CQP

Quality Coordinator