Dear Chris,

Not precisely the answer I think you are looking for, but there is nevertheless some very useful material related to mentoring on the What Works page of the WASRS archive http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/what-works-retention [See the ‘Peer mentoring..’ report by Aston, for example].

You might also find it useful to read the literature synthesis by Sanders and Higham on the role of Students in retention and success or May et al’s on Social mobility/careers. Scroll down here http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/WP_syntheses/six_literature_syntheses

With best wishes,

Joan

Dr Joan O’ Mahony

Academic Development Officer (Leadership and Strategy)

T +44 (0)1904 717500            M +44 (0) 7912 043076          [log in to unmask]

cid:image001.png@01CE295F.387ED070

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk – Twitter@HEAcademy