Dear Rachel,

I think Federico’s advice is on the point. Truth table rows are never deleted in QCA. Sometimes, it looks like they were deleted, but they are always present in the background. Literally deleting rows confuses the software because the truth table becomes incomplete. Rows with cases and consistency less than 0.8 should be coded zero. Rows with no cases should be treated as logical remainders, which is not the same as coding them 0. When using the delete-and-code option inside the truth-table-algorithm window, these are the rows that disappear, but are still present in the background.

Regards, Ingo

Ingo Rohlfing

Assistant Professor

Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences

Richard-Strauß-Str. 2

D-50931 Köln

Tel: +49 (0)221 470-1233

Fax: +49(0)221 470-1253